The best wedding blog with wedding ideas and wedding inspiration for the inspired bride. Real Weddings, DIY Brides and original Wedding Themes.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rewarding Awards
Earlier in the year I was very honoured to be asked to judge the Australian Graphic Design Association biennial awards - an amazing array of work from designers all around the country. It was an arduous task with more than 2000 pieces entered, each one of them of an excellent standard. I was sworn to secrecy, and wasn't allowed to tell anyone I was a judge until now - it was quite a challenge to keep quiet as the whole judging process was so interesting.

On Saturday night the awards were given at a presentation dinner where 450 designers from all over the country attended in anticipation of winning a coveted Pinnacle - the highest achievement. It was a fantastic night and a chance to catch up with designers from all disciplines.

As part of my role as a judge, I was asked to choose a piece to be given a Judge's Choice award. I chose this brochure from Voice Design for their client, photographer Toby Richardson who catalogued a variety of old mattresses. I so admire the concept of finding a story, and beauty, in something that others have discarded. I thought Voice did a great job at expressing that in their design and I especially loved the woven label that was attached to the front - an innovative and entirely appropriate use of materials.











Posted by Jane Cameron

Rating: 4.5 Posted By: Cheking
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...