The best wedding blog with wedding ideas and wedding inspiration for the inspired bride. Real Weddings, DIY Brides and original Wedding Themes.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Your Wedding Diet - Detox with Herbal Teas

{Posting by Alice Cowen, Before the Big Day's Personal Trainer & Nutritionist} Last month I gave up caffeine. I'd realised I was drinking about two cups of coffee, five cups of tea and twp diet cokes every day, which is a crazy amount! I suffer from migraines, and had hideous caffeine withdrawal headaches for a week after giving up - I just hadn't realised how dependent I'd become on my daily hit. Giving up has made a huge difference. I have more energy, I sleep better and by replacing builders tea with herbal teas, I'm more hydrated than I used to be. I'm always nagging my clients to drink more water, and now I've discovered the secret to getting them to drink more! The great thing is that herbal teas aren't just the perfect way to hydrate - they have other benefits too....


Here are my top 10 herbal teas...
♥ Peppermint - 'stomach healer,' good for digestion and to decrease heartburn.
♥ Ginger - eases nausea and stomach cramps.
♥ Fennel - detoxifier, antioxidant, anti inflammatory.
♥ Chamomile - great sleep aid, soothes stomach aches.
♥ Nettle - anti inflammatory, cleanses the blood, helps with liver and kidney functions.
♥ Dandelion - aids digestion, relieves digestive disorders e.g constipation.
♥ St Johns wort - eases anxiety, irritability, and helps to uplift your mood.
♥ Licorice - relieves sore throats, coughs, menstrual cramps, and can increase libido!
♥ Lemon Balm - calming, soothing effects.
♥ Elderflower - detoxifier, relieves cold symptoms including catarrh.

Why not give it a go for a month and see what benefits you get? Let me know if it makes a difference. xaLx

♥ Want more wedding diet ideas? ♥ Or how about real wedding ideas? ♥
If you enjoyed this post, why not sign up for our free newsletter
Before the Big Day - the Best UK Wedding Blog.

Your Wedding Diet - Detox with Herbal Teas Rating: 4.5 Posted By: Cheking
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...